Tuition is based on an academic year beginning in September and ending in May. The academic year is divided into 3 semesters of 11 weeks each. At the time of registration students will pay in advance for 11 weeks (prorated if beginning in the middle of a semester). Students will not be scheduled or begin lessons until after payment is received. Tuition reminders will be sent via e-mail. Due dates for tuition: Sept. 1st, Dec. 1st, March 1st, & June 1st. Rates and/or fees are subject to change without notice. A $10 late fee will be charged for payments received more than 5 days after the due date.
Tuition for 2017-18:
- 30 min. private lesson $286.00 per semester
- 40 min. private lesson $385.00 per semester
- 45 min. private lesson $429.00 per semester
- 40 min. group lessons $385 per semester
- 20 min. private/20 min. partner lesson $286 per semester
The cost of music, flashcards, other instructional materials, and music festival fees are extra. This will be billed separately from tuition on a monthly basis sent via e-mail. Payment for materials will be expected on the first day of the month after you receive your statement.
- Students are required to practice assigned materials a necessary amount that will promote progress. This amount will be set between the student and the instructor at the beginning of the semester.
- In general, a student needs to practice a minimum of 5 days a week.
- On the assignment sheet, there will be detailed instructions on how and what the student needs to practice.
- A new practice sheet will be in the assignment notebook every week and a parent or guardian must sign in order for the student to receive credit.
- Students must complete the daily assignment in its entirety in order to receive credit for that day’s practice no matter how much they played the piano that day.
- Parents, please keep your children accountable for what is required of them.
- Prizes will be awarded in December and in May.
The policy for missed lessons is as follows:
- Lessons missed by the student cannot be made up due to sports activities, birthday parties, field trips and family vacations.
- There will be one make-up lesson given per student per semester due to extended illness or family emergency at the instructor’s discretion, and only if the instructor is notified on or before the day of the missed lesson.
- Lessons missed due to inclement weather must be made up; unless the number days missed is in excess of two weather days per student. Make up lesson dates and times will be given by the instructor. If students are unable to come at a lesson time offered by the instructor, the lesson will be forfeited.
- Make up lessons must be completed by the week immediately following the end of each semester, unless there are extreme circumstances.
Competitions and Recitals:
- The instructor’s membership in local and state music teachers’ associations provides students opportunities to participate in festivals and auditions. All students (with the exclusion of adult students) are capable and should strive to participate in at least one event each year.
- All students are required to participate in a least one recital per year. There will be two recitals scheduled, one in December and one in May. Performance is a very important part of the education of a young musician and should be prioritized as much as lesson attendance.
- Students are required to maintain a professional appearance for recitals, competitions, and festivals. No blue jeans, flip flops, or t-shirts are allowed. Dresses or skirts must be at least knee length. Dress shoes are appropriate. Please have your fingernails neatly trimmed.
Please make sure that your hands are clean and that your fingernails are kept short. No snacks will be allowed in the lesson room. Snacks and drinks must be kept in the waiting area. Make sure hands are washed before the lesson.
Dismissal from Piano Lessons:
The instructor reserves the right to dismiss a student from the program if a students or parent is consistently negligent in following the studio policies.
No refunds/credits will be given due to personal schedule conflicts of the student, including vacations. If the teacher misses due to illness or vacation, or if the studio is closed due to weather, the teacher will reschedule during teaching breaks or at the end of the year.
Termination of Lessons:
Thirty days notice must be given before the termination of lessons. If additional tuition is due, you will be billed. Please note that there are no refunds/credits for any reason.